Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an GE dryer model DPSB620ECOWW.It was drying fine, I

I have an GE dryer model DPSB620ECOWW.It was drying fine, I stopped it with few minutes left on the dry cycle to check for dryness. When I closed the door and tried to restart it, it wouldn't start. I checked the circuit box and nothing was tripped. All the lights on the panel seem to be working. The door sensor seems to be working; when the door is closed and I press start, the start light stops flashing, but the dryer doesn't start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

can you reach in and spin the drum ? does it turn real easy with no resistance? Or does it have some resistance? Remove the clothes before doing this, let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It turns freely, although there is some slight resistance. It feels like it probably still engaged with the motor.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay that's what I need to know whether it felt like the belt was still connected to the motor, if the belt breaks there is a safety switch that will not allow the dryer start on some models I just wanted to make sure you belt was still in place, this leaves only a couple of options as far as what's causing this, one would be the high limit thermostat has blown,this is the most likely issue, however the issue could also be the control panel itself,you would need to take the dryer apart the drum to get to the high limit thermostat it will be on the side of the heater can in the rear behind the drum, unplug the dryer before servicing, check for continuity across the two terminals of the thermostat with the wires removed if you get no continuity the thermal fuse is bad and you can order that at the following link http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/High-Limit-Thermostat/WE4M137/276438?modelNumber=DPSB620EC0WW thanks and well wishes, Bryan