Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore Elite dishwasher model 665.17583200 is not cleaning.

Customer Question

Kenmore Elite dishwasher model 665.17583200 is not cleaning. I have removed racks and the drain assembly and am stuck getting the cover off the inlet and chopper assembly. I have removed the two screws holding it down and the flat cover plate (called protector in parts display) but can not dislodge the inlet cover and don't want to pry it off and break it. Am looking for guidance on what magic latch is holding it in place - it looks like the only candidate is on the right side but I am not sure what direction to pry it in. I can send a photo if that helps.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

can you recheck the model # ? its not comming up, thanks Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
if you click this link theres a video to help you, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Food-Chopper-Assembly/8268383/830886 hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is the model number on the tag inside thewasher. I have two paper parts list brochures, one has this model number on it and thesecond has 1593 and 1693XXXX models on it - both brochures appear to be the same. Thapart number I ma having a hard time with is part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN which, when I go to repairclinic.com, it says "(The manufacturer has replaced part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNwith this item, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN)" if this is any help. I can see the seam around the part but can't get a grip and don't see a tab to release it. I did see a video of how to dissasemble this at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRCCrEwrst8 but the cover has two screws, not one, and doesn't budge. It may be calcified in place, and I am considering CLR or something but will wait for your advice.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
wow, I really can't type tonight - sorry.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
so this is you part ? this should pry off with a flat head screw driver after the screws are removed. you pry up on the right side when looking at it, it wont budge? sometimes it takes some pressure.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
could you model # XXXXX 665.13583200 instead of 665.18583200 ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, that's the part. The video shows just picking it up, so apparently it is "glued" down by debris and crud (technical term) so I will nudge it loose. Thanks. I just wanted to be sure there was no latch I was about to break by forcing it off.

(the model number sticker is still as I originally stated)
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay thanks Bryan