Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

MaYtag Refrigerator---Model # XXXXX

I ahve a Maytag side by side refrigerator made by Maytag---model number MSD2732GRS. the valves at he bottom right of the back of the refrigerator started leaking due to pin hole braks in the plastic, I ordered two valves, one that connects to the water line out of the wall with a single outlet and another with two outlets that connects to the fountain and ice make. I connected the sensors but neither is working after I cut the water on, their was a broken small brown plastic piece that I didn't get and didn't reinstall. Nothing works, did I connect the sensors wrong? One has a yellow and black wire, does that go to the 2 outlet or one outlet sensor and is their a diagram somewhere on line I can look at.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

give me a little bit to look up your model. I'll be back soon. thanks Bryan

do you have the part #s of the parts you ordered? this small brown piece what is it? can you describe it a little more?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Parts numbers are AP4071513 and Ap4009066, Bryan if you go to the parts kit for the second number I think you will see the small brown piece shown as a seperate part.

Quite frankly it doesn't look important and I didn't order the kit just the part.

Thanks for your help, you help me fix this you will get paid with a tip, wife is about to kill me because I tried and I am buying ice evryday.

was the small brown piece the connector (waterline) this looks more gray though.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I think it was gray but this is definitely the part I don't have, what does it do and do I need one to make this thing work?

no this is just a coupling. when you said you didn't get this reconnected what do you men ? theres a hose disconnected?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, evrything is connected from the wall to the refrigerator, if the coupling has something to do with the fountain or ice maker working I didn't use it.

If it doesn't everything is connected according to directions sent from the company.

From the wall water line to the single outlet part, the outlet from that part goes up the back of the refrigerator to the water filter, the line comes out of the water filter down the back of the refrigerator and is connected to the 2 outlet part the two part has 2 lines attached, 1 bigger than the other, I assume the bigger one goes to the ice maker, the other to the fountain.

All the lines are connected.

It is like the water isn't getting to the fountain or ice maker.

Okay I understand actually the larger one is not the ice maker the 1/4" line is the ice maker line, okay let's start over, on the back of the refrigerator is a line 1/4" that runs straight up to the ice maker? What I mean is the one that runs to the top the freezer section the back and then into the freezer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The line runs out of the valve with one outlet , up the back of the refrigerator to the filter (I suppose) then another line runs from the same area back down to the bottom and is connected to the valve with 2 outlets, the 2 outlets connect to 2 lines,one runs up the outside to the ice maker or freezer the other is internal, the smaller line runs up the back of the refrigerator.

Is it possible I have the sensors (connections) crossed when I hooked them back up, white and black on one set, green and red on the other set.

that is probably the issue, these can be a pain to reconnect if you don't pay attention to the wiring, can you remove he line 1/4" thats runs up to the ice maker on the back of the freezer? I need to go out for about ten minutes but will be back shortly, let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Remove from the valve, remove from the back of the freezer? I will be out until after lunch, I will catch up with you then, is there a wiring diagram available?

Actually Craig not the valve just disconnect the line where it connects and then goes into the freezer, the hose should disconnect right at the top of backside of the freezer on the outside when you pull it away from the wall, I need to run out myself so get back to this after lunch, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No water in the line.

I am going to disconnect the water line to make sure it is working.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Water line is working, has to be wiring.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I bypassed the water filter by connecting the the water line directly to the outlet that goes to the ice maker and fountain. Both are working fine so I am sending the part back that I bought to get a replacement.

I don't think this hurts anything and really I don't need a water filter since I drink out of my faucet without filtering the water.

I am not a bottled water, filtered water type of person and frankly if I don't tell anybody no one will ever know.I don't think it hurts anything on the refrigerator.

that good to hear, so the secondary valve turned out to be bad? at least you got it, thanks Bryan