Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Thanks for that...I will check it out. I also have an issue

Thanks for that...I will check it out. I also have an issue with my refrigerator. it is a side by side kitchen aid superba. the ice maker isnt working. The water dispenser is fine, but it doesnt produce ice. The red light flashes indicating there is a problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Okay, across from flashing red light there is a flap, without covering the hole in the flap press the flap in, what does the red light do then? Does it stay solid red when you hold it in?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, it continues to blink red
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay, this means the emitter/receiver has failed, that red light you see is actually an infrared beam that senses the height of the ice in the auger if it doesn't stay solid red it has failed, you will need to replace it, can you get me the full model number? It should be inside the refrigerator section either on the ceiling or one of the side walls, if you get me that I will look up the part for you, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry I was on dinner break give me a few minutes to look up your model and I will be back shortly, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay the emitter /receiver is this, you can order this at the following link, one part goes on each side, fairly simple to install, unplug the refrigerator remove the Phillips a screw that holds assembly's in and pop them out unplugged them and plug in the new ones, these come with instructions also so it shouldn't be a problem for you to replace them yourself, hope this information is useful thanks so much have a great weekend, Bryan