Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a GE PDWT480P00SS dishwasher. At the end of the cycle

We have a GE PDWT480P00SS dishwasher. At the end of the cycle it makes a loud buzzing sound. Any idea what this could be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Did this just start? is it in the drain cycle you hear this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It has been going on for a year or so. I don't know what cycle it is. It lasts for a long time until the dishwasher cycle ends.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay , the noise does it start as soon as it hits the final drain ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I really don't know what part of the cycle it is.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok. the problem is most likely the drain pump making the buzzing noise, if this doesn't make a noise during the entire cycle the pump is most like either going or something is in it. this is located under the machine and is rather difficult to get to, its part # XXXXX on this diagram, check it for a piece of glass or other foreign object, if none is found then you need to replace the pump, here is a link to the part, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/WD26X10039/1475296?modelNumber=PDWT480P00SS thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It doesn't sound like a pump with something in it. It sounds like it is coming from the upper door.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Oh, it's coming from the door? well that's not good then, it's the control module, this expensive $127.49 at the following link , http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/WD21X10363/0022/363&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0 sorry give the bad news but that's what it is, thanks and well wishes, Bryan