Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

GE Dishwasher PDWT500R10WW My smart dispense is not working

GE Dishwasher PDWT500R10WW
My smart dispense is not working any more. How do I change it out? Is there a guide available? Thanks.

Tim

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Is this what you need to replace ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I am talking about the Smart Dispense system that automatically injects the soap.
okay, this is what your talking about then correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I think my problem is a clogged reservoir for the soap and not the pump. The picture looks like the pump.
that picture is the pump your correct. do you have the inside of the door off yet ? the inside panel lifts up once you take the screws out around the inside of the door, if you take the screws out the inner panel will separate from the outer door skin, have you done this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I am just getting ready to repair. So, to access the tank, I just take off the inside door panel? I think it is 870 in the diagram. I do not have any parts, yet.
Okay well yes you need to separate the two do a pieces to get to the tank and the pump, what you do that it's fairly easy to see and remove the assembly, clear the hoses and the tank and try it again before replacing anything, if the hoses are clear and the tank is clear then you will need to replace the pump assembly that pumps the soap into the machine, that part number is, WD12X10209 but hopefully it's not the pump itself, on a couple of my parts by sites they are saying it's unavailable, but you can probably find one if you search the net you need one, hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan