Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a stove top which has stopped working when I touch

I have a stove top which has stopped working when I touch the button to turn on a specific cook area it does not go on. I believe my gaggenau stove top is old. the model number on the power module under the cook top is model LE 396-615 can I still find a replacement power
module?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

is this what the board looks likes ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the power box is about 4" X4"x20" long I do not know what is inside of the box, there are 2 cables coming out of it, one looks like power and one is a flat ribbon cable
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
so your talking about the control panel itself, as far as I can see the parts for this are no longer available. sorry, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It hardly seems worth $45 to pay you what I knew by looking on the internet myself first, I was hoping you knew some other source of the part.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I wish I could find one for you but unfortunately I have exhausted every avenue I know to try to find the part for you, I went to about 30 of my parts suppliers to try to locate this for you but nobody has it, , if it's unavailable it's unavailable there's nothing I can do to get you one I'm sorry, I searched for 2 to 3 hours on this part and came up empty, you can always find every part unfortunately, anyway if you don't accept that's your prerogative, unfortunately I lose I guess, thanks anyway, Bryan