Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher. KUDS 01 FK SS0. Dishes

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher. KUDS 01 FK SS0. Dishes on the upper rack do not get clean. Nothing is bocking the upper cleaning arm and the bottom rack is not overloaded. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

can you start the machine and let it fill then open the door and tell me in inches how much water is in the bottom? does it reach the heater? or above? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
sorry, but it is in a home in the mountains and I am not there. I was thinking the upper arm was clogged. Can I remove and clean it? Can I put a soltion of HCL in the D/W and let it sit overnight? We only use the D/W once every other month or so.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Well since you are not at the machine the best I can do is give you all the diagrams or at least a link to all the diagrams which will help you take this apart you want to remove the top spray arm assembly, here is that link, however if you are not getting enough water in the bottom which I believe is the case then the pump does not have enough water pressure when running to supply enough water to the top spray arm assemblies, this is most likely the case, the water should be at least up to or above the heater assembly in the bottom of the dishwasher, if it is not then your valve is not opening fully and allowing enough water to enter the machine in the allotted time allowed by the timer, replacing the water valve in the machine would be the fix for that problem,since you only use this sparingly these tend to get gummed up inside and don't open fully, you can order this if you need it at this link, I hope this information is useful, and after you press accept, you have 30 days to come back and ask more questions if needed, hope this info is useful , thanks , Bryan