Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

my over the range microwave, model #pvm2070 was inadvertantly

Customer Question

my over the range microwave, model #pvm2070 was inadvertantly locked. How can we open it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi..Bob Here ...Welcome to Just Answer....This means the door latch most likely is broken..Only way to open would be to remove the microwave from the cabinet..Then remove the screws along the back of unit..Then remove the outer cover..To access the latch..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I never accepted. Your answer. It was entirely wrong and needed a technician to perform. The problem was solved by turning the circuit breaker off and then on. Voila, problem solved". Today we found the manufacturers booklet and lo and behold there was a cure, so it must happen frequently, and that was to hold the off button for three seconds . No broken latches.
Ok so this was a electronic failure..No way for us to know that for sure..If you would have completed what i suggested..Then you would have unpluged the unit to start the repair ..Which would have rest the control board....You did not post back for any further instructions..Thanks Bob