Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE PROFILE range PB970 or PB975 The last couple

Customer Question

I have a GE PROFILE range PB970 or PB975

The last couple of times our power has gone out, we have had to disconnect the power to the stove for several seconds then plug it back up, in order to reset clock.

After a power outage today, I went to reset clock and after reconnecting power, the clock flashed several times and went completely dark.

I unplugged the power cord several times, but now when I plug it back in the control panel stays dark. I checked the circuit breaker and all is well.

Now comes the weird part:

After plugging stove back up, I turned on one of the stove eyes. The red "on" light (for that knob) came on and then went back off. When the knob is turned on, I get a message as follows: (The message stays on for about 3 seconds)

LIN WAIT

5 of doa6 168
EEP 7AIC 2915

Then the clock comes on, I can reset time and clock works, but my stove top surface units will not come on. I can set the oven temperature for baking, but the inside units do not come on and preset temperature shows 100 on panel. Same thing for the bottom oven, you can set temperature, but oven will not heat.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Pam Hughes
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

give me a few minutes to look at your model. this can sometimes take 5 or 10 minutes so please be patient as I need to look at different aspects of your range, thanks I will be back as soon as I can, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll patiently await your response. Pam
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok Pam, do the top burners work ok ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
NO
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yeah sorry I saw that on the bottom of your post after I asked that, the LIN wait is a power issue, one of the two 120 volt lines going to the range is the issue, this could be the breaker in te house or one of the terminals on the range cord has burned off. where it connects to the range, you nee to check voltage at the plug outlet for 220 volts. can you or someone you know do that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not have a voltage meter at this time. I may be able to borrow one from someone, but it may be tomorrow.

If I accept your answer and this does not clear up problem what should I do? Will someone continue to work with me until this is corrected or refund payment?

Thank you.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
tomorrow is fine I will be here, you dont have to accept now we really dont know what the problem is yet but you will need a meter to find the issue, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So how do I get back to you tomorrow to continue or pay?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
just save this to your favorites and come back tomorrow and sing back in and your question will be there, any reply's you send will go directly to me. If you find my info has led you to the issue and you get it going then you can press accept. one thing to try is shut the breaker all the way of as far as it will go then turn it back on, sometimes these will only partially trip and need to be reset,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Thanks, I'll get back with you tomorrow.

Pam

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning Bryan,

The stove is up and running. One of the clips on the plug-in had broken off.

Thank you for your help!

Pam

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
your very welcome, I'm glad I could help, thanks Bryan