Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer type #580, Model V/TW6800WL1.

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washer type #580, Model V/TW6800WL1. It quit working and flashes an "F" and all cycle lights light up. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 3 years ago.

Is there a 1 or 51 after the F?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not to my knowledge is there a 1 or a 51 after the "F."
Unplug the washer for 2 minutes that may reset the electronics. If it does not the controller would need to be replaced. There is a software corruption issue in the controller. I can get the part number for you if you would like. Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How much is the controller?

On line its around $150
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After was cycle comes on the drum does not turn and there is a slight humming noise - is it still what you suggest? Also the number is XXXXX - not V/.....

If the only code that comes up is F, then yes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We just tried again and it does say "F 51."
Replace the control board to fix the issue friend.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So, what do I do now? Can I do that myself?
You would need to be handy to complete the repair. For the most part there is all plug and play connections. You would need to order the part from a local parts house then replace it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, so what is the part # XXXXX where do we order it from?
Appliance parts is off line at the moment I'm not able to look the part up for now. Take the model number to the local sears they will get the part for you.
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician