Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a 2000 stackable Maytag Washer/Dryer that will not

Customer Question

We have a 2000 stackable Maytag Washer/Dryer that will not turn on. The dryer turns on fine, but the washer filled with water then stopped. Can you help???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

the problem is the lid switch, have you tried to advance this to spin? does it spin and drain if you do?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have tried the various settings with no response. Nothing works including spin and rinse.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok, I just looked at your diagrams, this is a 7806 series and has a fuse behind the front panel on the left side, unpolug the machine and remove the front panel, there are screws in the front bottom, the fuse is part # XXXXX on this diagram, check that first, let me know if its bad,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Pulled the panel, checked the fuse. It looks okay. Is there a reset button anywhere?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
no reset on this unfortunatetly, ths lid switch is bad, you will need to replace it, did you test the fuse or just look at it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just looked at it and it appeared to be intact with no breaks, etc. Where is the lid switch, is it easy to get at or will I need a technician? I would like to follow up tomorrow before I commit to paying you. Thanks for your help so far.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
well the lid switch can be difficult to get to. we can pick this up tomorrow if you wish, I will be signing off shortly anyway.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
great, I'll be on after 7 am est. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX tomorrow, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bryan, I'm back.....Can you tell me how I can remove the top or side panel to get at the lid switch. I can see the lid arms moving back and fourth and I assume this is where the switch is.
Thanks,
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
good morning. you have the front panel off correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, front panel is off.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay make sure the machine is unplugged, take screws # XXXXX out, and slide the top forward , its been a while since I've worked on one of these (*older machine) if it doesnt move let me know, the top should come forward and the you can unplug the entire top I believe.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX it a try and let you know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for all your help. We're giving up ourselves and having a repairman fix it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay sorry my computer is locking up. thanks Bryan