Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

what can i try to fix my icemaker it was making ice with the

what can i try to fix my icemaker? it was making ice with the OFF switch engaged. after a few days, it quit making ice at all. have replace filter, cleaned underneath, applies heat to freezer water downspout. any ideas?
it's a whilpool gold side-by-side with UltraEasePlus water filtration.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

can you get me the full model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Whirlpool Gold side by side refridgerator, GD5SHA
okay, when you open the freezer door there is a red light that blinks, is that blinking now when you open it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX

on the refer side, there was a red lite, i put in a new filter and reset it to green. so it is green now.
I'm sorry you misunderstood, if you open the freezer door is there a light blinking on the right side inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK - no red lite on freezer side.
I have never noticed it before, but there is what looks like a small lens on the on/off switch cover marked "ice maker control"?
To confirm, no lite on.
okay thats the problem, where the on and off swtch is there is suppose to be a beem of light it blinks when you open the freezer door. you need to replace the emiter /receiver which is the on off switch, this will take care of the problem. it comes with instructions and you can replace this yourself, you can order this at this blue link. thanks Bryan