Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Washed a load of clothes this morning. When I went to wash

Customer Question

Washed a load of clothes this morning. When I went to wash a second load, the washer would not turn on. Machine is plugged in. Checked breaker. Pushed power button again, several times. Still won't turn on. Kenmore Model(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

this doesnt lite up or make any noise at all when you press the power button?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No response, what-so-ever, from the washing machine. No lights, no noise, absolutely nothing happens. Very strange & has never happened before. Just purchased the machine in May 2010.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
that figures, just as the warranty runs out right? anyway making sure its quite in the room unplug the washer and plug it back in, listen carefully for a slight click from the control. let me know if you hear one.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK - Unplugged, re-plugged... heard no slight click. Pushed power button again, but nothing.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok power control board has failed, # XXXXX on this diagram its under the top of the machine. you can click this link for the diagram and parts.the part # XXXXX XXXXX thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just spoke with a sears kenmore cust serv rep. They informed me that this may not be the problem. The only way they can determine a remedy is to send a tech. to our home.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
of course. well if you decide to have a tech out dont use Sears they are the highest out there. they never bring the part and always make yoyu wait and charge you a fortune, unless this is covered under warranty call another service company, trust me I know Sears, its going to cost you $400.00 to $500.00 for them to fix this, its always does, cal anyone you know that may have used Sears and they will tell you, you can even look it up online, well wishes, and thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan - Although you did not solve the problem, I can help you on the next call for the same problem. We just fixed it ourselves with one easy step. If you agree to have me credited the $38, I will be happy to share the very simple solution with you. You will be a hero with future clients who need to do laundry since the problem is not discovered until the washer is loaded and ready to go. My husband figured it out and believe me, he is my HERO!!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Thats sounds good but i dont run the site unfortunately, I'm really happy for you, at least you didnt have to have Sears come out, trust me they take you for everything they can, they are taught that in the classes they take, I know a few people that have worked for them, well wishes and have a great 4th, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
since you got a refund are you still going to let me know what you did? I think that would be fair, thanks, Bryan