Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have five fridgidaire appliances. We are going to buy a

Customer Question

We have five fridgidaire appliances. We are going to buy a fridgidaire convertible refr/freezer model fkch17f7h. We are concerned by comments left by prior sears customers as to its dependability over 1-3 years, since food loss is not covered by Fridgidaire.Also does frigidaire make a larger convertible? And lastly, where are these manufactured?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

1 the reliabilty of these is no worse then any other brand today if thats what your asking, these are not bad refrigerators overall

2 the one you want to buy is a 17 cubic foot, they make bigger refrigerators but the space you have will determine how large you can go.

3, they are made in the U.S but not all the parts are, its the same with all makes.a lot of parts are made out of the U.S, unfortuanetly, you can get away from that on any make.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

We had never heard of a refrigerator that converts to a freezer by flipping a switch.Overall which manufacturer is best at this time in appliances?Thank you Bryan.Respectfully,Bob P.S. is there a way I can request you in the future thru this service?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
now thats a good question, they all have their problems , If I were going to replace something Whirlpool would be my choice, they have good service when something does go wrong, the are more reliable in my opinion.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no way to get back to you at this service at a later time? Have you heard of Whirlpool making a convertible refer/fridge?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no I havent heard of whirlpool making one, this question will remain open for 30 days at no additional charge,