Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have the Maytag wide by side frig, model mzd2752grs, and

We have the Maytag wide by side frig, model mzd2752grs, and the ice dispenser door flap has broken. Also the light no longer comes on when you press for water or ice. Is this something my husband can fix, or does it require a repairman? Do you just have to replace a part or two, or the whole door assembly? Thanks!

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

is this the part that broke ? its holds this.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not sure why the light's not coming on, but the bottom picture looks like the ice dispenser door that is broken loose on one side from it's mounting. Don't recognize the top picture piece.
the top picture is the atcuator, this hols the ice disepenser flap and also ativates the light when pushed in, thats why the light doent come on, its part # XXXXX on this diagram, these can be difficult to install however, you may want to get service for this. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
for a while now we've had trouble with the water or ice not stopping after you'd stopped pushing on the dispenser spot...would this piece also be the reason for that?
yes it would, if it was sticking but there is also the solenoid # XXXXX on the diagram that may be rusting and getting stuck so it doesnt stop right away, these rust from the moisture,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So that does sound kind of complicated to fix. Any estimate on what that might run for parts and labor to get fixed?
if the solenoid and the actuator need to be replaced your only looking at about $30.00 in parts plus a service call which is usually around $79.00 so maybe $120.00 or so , these are a little complicated to work on, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so much for your help! You answered all my questions!! :)