Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Washe/Dryer Combo WM3677HW - Gives IO error. Technician came

Washe/Dryer Combo WM3677HW - Gives IO error. Technician came and cleaned out cold and hot water screens. He left and we tried machine a few days later and it still gives IO error and stops. Tried hot water in fill and stops during rinse. We cleaned out cold water screen. Still stops during rinse cycle. Cleaned out drain. A lot of sand. Believe this started after city cleaned out hydrants and water came through all brown. Now what do we do?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

you need the fill valve replaced, these get particles inside and stick and dont open. did the tech check the machine before he left? did it run then?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My son was here and he said that he did not run it before he left. We had the same tech once before for a drain problem and I trusted him so when I got the call about service a few days later I said that he did everything fine. I hadn't checked it yet. It is still under a 5 year warranty til August 13. Bad part is that it takes over a week to get someone out here and then it will be another week until the part comes. Will be covered but not having a machine for several weeks is a pain.
I understand that, you dont however want to attempt the repair yourself nor should you because this can void your warranty, unfortunately the course of action for you is to get the service tech back out, the only thing you can try is open the little door on the bottom left front corner and clean the pump trap yourself, other than that you could void the warranty if you go to far, heres a diagram you can see the door, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did clean the pump trap yesterday. It had a few tiny nails and a lot of sand in the water. Funny thing is this problem happened over a month ago and I called for service and no one showed up and then it started to work again and worked for 3 weeks. Is this usually an intermittent problem?
it can be an intermitent problem but at this poit I believe the valve itself has clogged to the point where it no longer opens, it will need to be replaced, thanks, Bryan