Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Conquest refrigerator/freezer that has developed

I have a Whirlpool Conquest refrigerator/freezer that has developed a problem with the icemaker not generating any ice. It does dispense water, so I know that it at least is getting water into the system. Do you have some ideas for troubleshooting this?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

do you have a full model # ? when you open the freezer the infered light is blinking correct? if so press the flap in on the other side without covering the hole in it and tell me what the light does then.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is model GS5SHAXNL00. When I open the door, the light is blinking red. When I press the flap , the light is solid red
ok thats good it means the emiter reciever is good, what position are the fingers in the ice maker in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are no fingers sticking up or down, if that's what you mean.
yes, let me check a few things i be back shortly.

ok, I need you to watch this video and tell me if the icemaker fingers are in the position shown at the begining of the video, if not the ice maker has failed.

video

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They aren't in the position noted in the video. It looks like replacement is in order. Thanks for your assistance.
sure no problem, have a great and safe 4th of July ! thanks and best wishes, Bryan