Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, I have a Frigidaire dishwasher model # XXXXX My

Hi, I have a Frigidaire dishwasher model # XXXXX My guess is that it's the same or similar to FDB1450CHC0. The problem I'm having is that there's no power going to the control panel. I've troubleshooted that there is power going to the latch and when the latch is closed, there is power leaving the latch. I'm not sure what is my next step. Should I start opening the control unit and troubleshoot the switch assembly or the control board? Can you tell me how I can troubleshoot either of them?

Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

the power goes from the latch latch assembly through the thermal fuse and the then to the control baord which then sends the power to the interface,

most like its the thermal fuse or the control board, check power to then , first the thermostat then the board.

thermal fuse. Main Product View

control board . Main Product View

interface,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I don't know where is the thermal fuse. Is it on the control board? Or is it on the interface? I looked at the wiring diagram inside the dishwasher and I don't see a thermal fuse. I do see 2 yellow wires connecting to the control board. According to the wiring diagram, that is a thermistor. Is that a thermal fuse?

I checked that there is power going to the control board. Not sure whether the thermal fuse would have been before the control board. If that's the case does that mean that the thermal fuse is good?

Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes if theres power to the control board the thermister (fuse) is good , the control board is bad unforunetly and needs to be replaced, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

You have been a great help. I do have a couple more questions then I'll definitely release the funds to you.

1. If the motor pump is bad, it should not disable the control board or the lights on the switches right?

2. I don't really know how to test the switch board (where the switches are attached to). What are the chances that the switch board goes bad vs the control board?

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
boy thats a tough question, in order to test the the main board you would need to take the volt meter and see if theres power going to the switches, if so the touchpad is the issue. theres not much more I can tell you on that, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.