Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Good evening. I just moved into a new apartment and when I

Customer Question

Good evening. I just moved into a new apartment and when I washed my clothes, the washer flooded the laundry room. The water was leaking out of the bottom of the washer, and all the hoses are attached properly. I was able to drain the washer using the spin cycle, but water continued to leak while doing so, and the drum was very loose and was banging into the sides of the dryer. Before moving the washer was working fine and the drum was not loose. Do you have any ideas what this may be and any approximate costs to fix?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I looked on the machine and don't see a model number anywhere, and I bought it four years ago, so I have no paperwork on it anymore.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is this a top loader?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
lift the lid and the model # XXXXX be in the back under the lid. most likely your problem is the drain pump.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I found out it is a cracked tub, as it was dropped when it was moved and nobody told me about that. Thank you for your help though!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay no problem, glad you got found the issue, thanks Bryan