Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

maytag refrigerator ... lights blinking on front and clicking

Customer Question

maytag refrigerator ... lights blinking on front and clicking ... neither water nor ice work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 3 years ago.

Is the flap on the front moving back and forth?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the dispensor flap? .. .if so, no
Yes ok good. This is a very common issue on this unit. I can get the part number if you would like. You need to replace the HV board located on the back of the unit. Its very easy.

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes the flap that dispenses ice is moving up and down
I figured so it's very common. You need to replace the HV board on the back. it's very simple to repair yourself. I can get you the part number if you would like.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
should i attemp this myself? I've made a call for the maytag repair man to come on Tuesday ... will it hurt the refrigerator to go that long?
If you are handy, yes. It will not cool correctly in most cases.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I get the part? ... is it mail order ... is there somewhere that i can pick it up?
You can get it on line. I can get you a link where you can purchase the part. A local appliance parts house will stock the part. Very common friend.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i guess that I'll give that a shot ... please send part number and link ... Is that a sure fix?
It's simple for sure. You can purchase the part from the link below.

Click Here

I have replaced honestly around 200 of these boards in the last 3 or 4 years alone. I would say yes its a sure fix:)
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
so it's part number Part Number: AP4014490?
Yes that is correct order it and replace it and you will be good to go!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are the directions included?
Yes, inside there will be instructions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok ... last bit of advice ... overnight or 2-3 day for the shipping? ... and now it stopped .. water and ice machine work again ...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
now it's doing it again ... i know that you said it may not cool correctly .. is overnight warrented for this?
I would say to be on the safe side put the items of value in a cooler.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
have i already accepted your answer ... do i have to do anything else to pay you?
You accepted already paying me for my time. Thank you friend.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
you are welcome ... we emptied the refrigerator .. should i turn it off?
Yes, mine as well its doing no good plugged in..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you
Yes your welcome.