Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Kitchenaid Whisper Quiet Ultimate dishwasher. The

We have a Kitchenaid Whisper Quiet Ultimate dishwasher. The child lock light is on as well as the wash light to the left and they are flashing. I can't turn them off or get the dishwasher to start. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

try this.

Control Lockout feature

accidentally turned on by

customer.

Press and hold the Heated Dry key for

5 seconds to turn off (or on) the Control lock feature. let me know if that works, I have the tech sheets up.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't see a heated dry key. I prssed the energy saver dry and that had no effect
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay give me a few more minutes , there are so many different tech sheets, I need to go through them. in the meantime open the door and then shut it, press and hold the cancel key for 5 seconds, see if that works, I will be back shortly. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Done. Now the cancel key is flashing along with the child lock and the left-most wash light
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok now hold the energy saver dry button in for 5 seconds, this should unlock it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No effect. Lights still flashing
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thats not good then. it mean the keypad is shorted, you may want to consider replacing the dishwasher at this point, this part is $183.00 but if you wish to order this heres a link , thanks and very best wishes, Bryan