Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a jenn-air stove with downdraft..grill on one side

We have a jenn-air stove with downdraft..grill on one side and 2 eyes on the other. the stove has been fine up until now. Strangely, the inside light will come on but the stove will not. The clock will not come on either. The grill, etc work fine but not the stove.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

is the control completely blank? first off you will need to get me the model # XXXXX you find that?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, there is nothing lighted on the panel on the front. Where is the model #. We just bought this house so I have no papers.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is this a free standing range ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, it is and I found a # XXXXX the warning label about it tipping over. it is 8114P471-60
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thats not the model # unfortunately. open the bottom drawer and check there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the bottom is bolted down....no drawer
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay try this, take the center divider out between the burners and look in where the filter is.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
on the white vent top is 207602. inside there is a # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN that is all.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I pulled the bottom thing off and found it. SVE47100W
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

great thats it ! give me a minute, thanks Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

since the top works we can eliminate power issue, you need to replace the oven control, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/71002331/695629?modelNumber=SVE47100W and below is a link to all the diagrams

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Jenn-air-Parts/Range-Parts/Model-SVE47100W/1266/0124160?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=SVE47100W, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
would I be better off to buy it myself and have someone come put it in or just call and tell them what I need.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is there a place to buy restored ovens like this, nearly new and where if such a thing exists? How long do the Jenn airs like this one last. Would it be reasonable to fix this one or buy another. Is this the signal that it is starting to go down the tubes? Thanks.