Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I hav aWhirlpool Gold side by side refrigerator. The freezer

I hav aWhirlpool Gold side by side refrigerator. The freezer is working fine, however, the refrigerator is acting up. When you open the door, the light flickers and a buzzing noise is coming from the bottom. Also, the lights on the controls do not work. From what I hear this is a common problem for this fridge. Any ideas?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

can you recheck the model # XXXXX not comming up ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay, the problem is the main control board, its located in the back underneath the refrigerator near the compressor, its in the control box # XXXXX on this diagram, you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and go in through the back, you can order this @ thanks Bryan