Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

I have an admiral washer model number ATW4475VQO. This machine

Customer Question

I have an admiral washer model number ATW4475VQO. This machine will not fill or rinse on any cool/cold temperature settings. It will fill briefly on these settings with hot water and then abruptly shut down. I have replaced the following parts to no avail. Temperature Control Switch, Water Inlet Valve, and Timer.
The problem persists despite these part replacements.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 5 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.
The only thing it could be would be the timer not sending power. From what you have said it has a bad contact.

If this has been helpful please press accept.Smile
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the procedure for repairing this and where would the contact be located?
It can not be repaired it needs to be replaced. The contact is inside the timer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I replaced the timer this morning. It a new part. [?]
Do you have a voltage tester ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a multi meter.

What you need to do is start at the water valve. Follow the wires from the cold solenoid back to find out what is not allowing power through. This could be a pressure switch issue.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was hoping for something more than could be.
You have replaced everything else so now you have to follow the power. It is possible one of the parts you have replaced is defective. I can't say for sure which part is bad. This is why you need to follow the power to determine which part is faulty.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
One of the new parts is defective? Do I conduct the testing with the unit plugged in?
Yes it is very possible one of the new parts is defective. Yes the machine needs to be plugged in and turned on so you can find out where the power is stopping.
There was no need to give negative feed back you could have just got back to me and we could have continued with the diagnostics.