Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

whirlpool model LER5636EQ3 ELECTRIC DRYER. It runs, but no

Customer Question

whirlpool model LER5636EQ3 ELECTRIC DRYER. It runs, but no heat. Replaced the heating element and checked the fuse, still no heat. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

which fuse did you check ? the one on the top of the heating ? the one on the left in this picture? Main Product View

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Neither. There is one on the left side of the machine that is mounted in the exhaust. It is a small white fuse that is surface mounted. I am familiar with both of those pictured and I have checked neither. I don't know how to, or what to read.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
check the one on the heater itself, the one on the left in the picture. part # XXXXX on this diagram, its on the side top of the heater can, heres a video on how to test this, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse-and-High-Limit-Thermostat/279816/2651?modelNumber=LER5636EQ0%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20 just click the blue link, I'll bet you will find its bad, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
checked all fuses, thermostats, and cutoffs, heating element is brand new. There appears to be nothing wrong with the heating circuit. Any other ideas?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you need to trace the wires back to the motor and remove one wire from the heating element istself and test the wire comming off the motor for 120 volts while its running and see if you get voltage, if not then the motor centrifucal switch is bad, if you get power the timer is bad.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is the timer switch. Thanks,
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay great, sorry for the late reply, had company today. thanks, Bryan