Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a frigidaire freestanding wine cooler. P/n XXXXXXXXX

I have a frigidaire freestanding wine cooler. P/n XXXXXXXXX Lately it has stopped cooling and builds up ice in the upper right hand corner of the interior back panel wall. Any thoughts as to a fix.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

you need to have freon put into this, it low, you have a leak so you will need to call a tech for this,By law he has to locate the leak and fix it before recharging this. hope this helps, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Freon in a wine cooler? Where do I find someone to do this? Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
most appliance repair company's do this, yes there is freon in wine coolers, thats how they work, it has a compressor like a refrigerator , when you see frost in one corner it meas theres not enough freon to circulate freon throughout the system so you get a frost area where the freon thats left is reaching, the compressor keeps running to try to cool this but it never gets cold enough thus the frost in the corner builds up. thanks Bryan