Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My frigidaire affinity washer will not cycle. It fills with

Customer Question

My frigidaire affinity washer will not cycle. It fills with water but will not agitate or spin. If I then select spin only, the pumb will drain the water. It appears that anything having to do with the motor is not operating.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model number: ATF6000FSI
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay you need to replace the door switch, this is a common failure in these machines, heres a link to the part and a video on how to replace it, thanks Bryan http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Switch-Assembly/131763202/1531974?modelNumber=ATF6000FS1#repairHelpVideoTabs
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can there be another cause? It seems to me that the door lock is working fine. It locks, and the washer recognizes this. When I cancel it unlocks the doors. The LED display is fine as well. Would the washer allow water to fill the drum if the door lock was not functioning?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes the washer will allow water in, in most cases its the switch, this fills and stops filling correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, it fills and just stops. It never starts the cycle. It never makes it to the spin cycle. I then select spin only and the the pump drains the water out of the machine but the drum does not spin.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
inside the switch there are contacts for the motor,as you can see in this photo there are many wires on this, they control different functions, just because it locks and the board sees it locked doesn't mean the motor does, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've replaced the door lock. It did not fix the problem. What do you suggest?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well that not good news, from here it gets tricky, its either the motor control board,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
or the control module,

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
I wouldn't however just start replacing either of these, they are expensive, my advice at this point is since theres no diagnostic service tech sheet in this that I can find is to call a service tech, sorry the switch didn't do it, 90% of the time thats what it is and you said when you wiggled the door you got a response, that was the logical problem, thanks Bryan