Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

We have a front load Maytag washer, it is showing F21 and the

We have a front load Maytag washer, it is showing F21 and the machine seems to be not responding to any commands that we puch?

Hi..Bob Here ...Welcome to Just Answer..Is there water still in the drum...?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, it looks like most of it is gone just a tiny bit of suds. We washed an old rug and it fell apart in the drum. We had to clean out the inside but I'm guessing that there are small bits still clogging something. we already checked the hose and its clear.
Ok..good glad you told me that..The error code is a slow drain..Which means the drain pump mis blocked or damaged..Most of the time all you need to do is clean the pump filter out...It is most likely full of rug particles..The pump is inside the cabinet...This is a Neptune washer..?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not sure if its a Neptune, just says Maytag 3000 on the face of the washer and I don't see Neptune on the Care Guide.
What is the model number..? It should be on a tag either on the door frame..Or on the top back side of the control on a narrow paper tag...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I know the model number is XXXXX the door frame but I cant get the door to unlock.

If you look along the very bottom..There will be 3 screws to the lower front panel..These are torx screws most of the time...Remove those screws..Then pull the panel down and out..You will then see the filter cap...Get a bucket..Or a shop vac..Slowly remove the cap..Draining the water...Once drained..Clean the filter..Like i said most like it will be packed with carpet fibers..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay, were trying it now.
Ok great..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes, the filter was definitely clogged. We are running a short drain and spin cycle to make sure it is fixed. Hopefully we will be able to open the door after!

Yes once it start running the water should drain and the door unlocks...Sounds like you have your problem solved..Also once you use the accept option today if you have time please leave some feedback....Thanks Bob