Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

kenmore elite smartwash quietpak 9 front load washer.

Customer Question

I have a kenmore elite smartwash quietpak 9 front load washer. My husband had to replace the door lock once already, which worked, but now it is giving me the same message. When I push the start button, it clicks a few times like it's trying to start, but the door never locks, then it beeps with the "DL" failure code. It is also intermittent..... one time I couldn't start it after 5 tries, then later in the day it started on the first try. He ordered another door lock and replaced it again, but it doesn't seem to have worked this time, so he thinks it's something else. Any help/advices greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model #110.45091400

Thank you

Also, it started working again last night finally....

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
this sounds like a loose connection at the CCU (central control unit) this is under the top, the top comes off by removing the screws along the back holding it down then lift the back of the top and slide the top out from under the front control panel, chek the wirring comming from the door lock to the CCU. make sure the plugs are in tight.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX husband is at work right now and will be home in a few hours. He would like to try what you suggested as it makes sense. He was just wondering how it would get loose. We will accept your answer later if it's okay, I think he just wants to look at it first in case he had another question. Is that okay?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
sure no prblem, talk later then. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, Bryan! It seems to be working now! Have a great day!!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thats great to hear, well wishes and thanks again, Bryan