Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My oven door is locked shut. I have pressed all buttons and

My oven door is locked shut. I have pressed all buttons and nothing makes it unlock. Kenmore drop-in model(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Sounds like the best thing to do here since the door is locked is reset the unit to factory default.

To do this simply unplug the unit for 24 hours (in some cases 12 hours is ok) in order for the memory and internal battery to reset. Once the unit is plugged back in the clock should be blinking in order for you to set it and the door should unlock. This clears the problem in the majority of cases.

If after plugging the unit back in after 24 hours the oven door does not unlock this will mean there is a problem with one of the lock switches, in this case the lock switches will need to be tested with a ohms meter for operation and the faulty switch replaced.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.
Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I unplug a drop-in stove? I don't see a plug anywhere.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
You should shut it off at the breaker in this case since it's not easy to pull the unit out and pull the plug.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Mike,

Thanks for the answers. I won't know until after 24 hours whether this works; I certainly hope it does.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Normally this does work, allot of the time the control can freeze up similar to a computer, this sets the unit back and clears the memory. The lock should open when the power goes back on :)