Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

Hey- I have a GE Front Loading Super Capacity 10 Cycle Washer

I have a GE Front Loading Super Capacity 10 Cycle Washer that is not spinning at full speed. In fact, it is spinning at a speed that is comparable to a dryer. Any ideas on what we might need to fix, take a look at?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Does the water drain as it should?
Customer: replied 5 years ago. just doesn't spin fast enough to get all of the extra water out of the clothes.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Ok there are only two things that really cause this, either the drain filter (340) has some debris restricting it or the motor control is bad. Take the panel out from under the door and take the pipe off running from the tub to the pump, inside here you will find the drain filter, clean this out and try the machine again, if you still have the same problem then the motor control is bad and will need to be replaced.

The motor control is the box screwed to the floor near the motor.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is switching out the motor-control something that I could do, or is it more involved? I am pretty handy, but...
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
It's pretty simple, you would just take the panel off in the rear, then take out the screws holding the motor control in place, then swap the wires from old to new motor control. The wire harnesses are normally are diffrent shapes so it's hard to go wrong :)