Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Bosch Nexxt Premium Gas Dryer Model WTMC6500 UC/01.

I have a Bosch Nexxt Premium Gas Dryer Model WTMC6500 UC/01. that makes a squealing noise when running, but only when the heat is on. I replaced the drum bearing in the back. Are the drum wheels wearing out?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The heat tends to make bearings swell and then they will squeal. You could either have a bad idler pulley, a bad drum roller, or the motor itself could have a bad bearing. You'll want to replace the idler pulley first since it's the cheapest part, then the drum rollers and then finally the motor. Because the noise doesn't happen all the time, it really is a guessing game because by time you take the dryer apart, you won't know what is making the noise because the unit has cooled down.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am in a remote location (Northern Michigan)so would like to do this myself. Can a novice replace the idler and rollers? I have already had the back apart once for the bearing.
yes, you can do this yourself if you're handy, although it's definitely not an easy dryer to work on. All access on this dryer is through the back, so if you've replaced the bearing, access is the same.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. I plan to replace the idler and rollers together. If it is the motor I may have to truck it to the city. I have not had good luck with repair guys here :-( Thanks, again!!!
no problem and I wish you the best of luck.