John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE Model#GSD4420x66BB dishwasher. it flashes a C-3

Customer Question

I have a GE Model#GSD4420x66BB dishwasher. it flashes a C-3 code. The piston assembly
was stuck with crap in it. I got that all cleaned out. the dishwasher will not start it just keeps flashing C-3 after touching the restart. I turned the power off to see if it would reset, but that did not help. Checked the wiring from the board to the drain switch. It's ok. The switch has 5VDC.
It's like the power board is stuck in the C-3 mode. Touching the reset does not help is the any way to reset the board? It beeps and displays C-3
After turning the power off the display will go to normal wash and I touch start it will beep
and will not do anything, just beeps every few seconds. I touch restart and it flashes C-3
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today. lets get started.

thsi is what the service amnual says,

C3Will not go into drainCall for service
, do you have a garbage disposal? have you replaced it lately if so?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

This is frusterating because i was unable to reply until i got custumer support involved.

Anyway, to answer your question. Yes there is a garbage diposal and it is about 4 years old. and yes the plug is not in it. All the drain lines are clear. The dishwasher will not return to normal function after the C-3 code appearred. There was an obstruction in the drain,which caused the C-3 code to appear. What do I do next?