John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Matag washer portion of stacking unit will not run

Customer Question

Submitted: 3 years ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Hi I'm John I will help you with the problem.

Can you get water to enter the washer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
John, thx for response. No I cannot get water into washer. I can hear timer ticking and the dryer will run but nothing else...
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Remove the two screws at the bottom front panel and pull the bottom towards you remove the front panel and check the fuse number 3 if its blown replace the fuse it should fix the problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
let me go try that right now. I'll return...I'm back. There is only one fuse and it is mildly corroded. I cannot see any evicdence of it being blown (blackness) but then I cannot see any filiment inside either. What is the value of that fuse...
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
If you don't see a filament in the glass fuse its blown you can check that by joining the two wires together if water enters the washer replace the fuse.
John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
...let me try that. I may be a few minutes as I have to reinstall the timer...I'll be back...What is the value of that fuse..
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Its a 250 volt 3 amps I think its printed on the fuse .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Jumping the fuse worked and he washer filled with water but has sinced stopped again. Now what...?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

http://www.partselect.com/PS2003101-Whirlpool-12001514-Switch-Assembly-with-Fuse.htm?Inventory=2003101&SourceCode=4if it worked and now it doesnt replace the lid switch assembly it should fix the problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm curious that the lid switch now needs replacing. Why? This is a holiday weekend so I won't get a switch now until Monday, maybe Saturday. Where does this switch live and can I jump it as well? I thought the fuse problem was solved and accepted your answer and authorized payment. What happens now that I've paidyou and the problem still exists...
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

The check switch number 17 is the problem and it comes with the lid switch assembly , you have to pull the washer out to get at the lid switch .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have to drop this for awhile and go out. Can I pick this up again tomorrow.? How do I reach you...
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
You can save this to your favorites and get back to me that way.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Excellant. You've been great. thx for your help so far. I'll get back to you tomorrow...
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
ok, Have a great day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will I be talking to you and how do I ID you...d
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
You will be talking to me it wont go to anybody else.