Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Frigidaire LE/GH1642Ds -- stackable washer and dryer -- washer

Frigidaire LE/GH1642Ds -- stackable washer and dryer -- washer is not spinning
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you open the door or lift the lid of the washer and give me the full model number as it appears on the sticker please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sn#XE4190055

Modle #1642DS0

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
The model number will start with letters and then numbers, can you copy the model number exactly as it is on the sticker around the door please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
#LE/GH1642DS
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok this number is XXXXX not coming up on my system, Can you tell me if this is a front load or top load washer please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
front load
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is a front load washer and dryer combo
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok does the water drain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes -- sorry I just rechecked and it is LEH1642DS
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Does the drum turn when the machine agitates?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok so to clarify the machine fills, then drains but the drum does not turn at any time?

When the machine is done filling do you hear a hum like the motor is running but the drum does not turn?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes, the motor is running... when the drum is supposed to be turning, there is a clicking noise. The original problem occurred when I was washing a blanket. It seemed as if the drum went out of whack
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok sounds to me like the belt is broken or has come off the main pulley, your going to need to pull the unit out and take the panel off in the rear, Once the panel is off check the belt and replace it if needed. If the belt is still hooked up as it should be then the problem will be the motor this will need to be replaced.

Click here to order parts that will be needed.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.
Thanks!

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.