Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I have a frigidaire freezer model GLFU2067FW. I keep the temperature

I have a frigidaire freezer model GLFU2067FW. I keep the temperature set at 2 degrees F. At least once a day the tempeature indicator begins to flash and, after a bit, goes completely blank. The freezer then runs nonstop. When I reset it by pulling the power plug and plugging back in, the temperture readout is usually somehere between -8 and -10 degrees. The reout then resets to 2 degrees and does fine until the problem begins again.
Note: the freeezer is in a garage that can reach 100 degrees. It been in the garage since purchase 2 or 3 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is Barry,

The only way to repair that is to replace the control board. Eventually it will go out. I have arrowed the control board in the diagram below. The factory part number isNNN-NN-NNNN You can shop anywhere with that number. The part will come with an instruction sheet, be sure to follow that and unplug the freezer before you start changing the part.

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic