Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

we have a 2002 Kitchen aid superba side by side fridge freezer

we have a 2002 Kitchen aid superba side by side fridge freezer model #KSRA22FKSS01. The freezer side works fine however the fridge side is not staying cold. the vents on the top and the bottom (next to vegetable/meat door) ice over after a day or two then the "over temperature reset" buttom starts to beep. obviously the cool air is not circulating properly. Is this something I can attempt to fix?
Alan.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Open the door on the freezer then look at the lower panel inside the freezer in the rear, can you see frost on the panel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
there has been no frost on the panel
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok the problem is likely to be either the evaporator fan motor is bad or the damper door is blocked with ice or bad. You will need to take the panel out inside the rear of the freezer and check the fan is blowing, if it is not replace the motor. If the fan is blowing then the damper door is located inside the vent where the air blows from inside the fridge. This is the little door that controls the amount of air blowing from the freezer to the fridge. This will either be iced up and blocked in the closed position or the motor controlling it will be bad.

If you have someone come in to take care of the problem it will cost around $150 - $180 depending on region to fix.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort.
Thanks!

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
fan is working so I'm trying to take the vent apart and can't seem to get it to come off.....first, I assume I'm atttacking it from the fridge side. I have removed two plastic wire plugs but the unit seems to encased in a styrofoam box and this whole unit doesn't seem to budge. the white plastic vent seems solid in this styrofoam as well. am I heading in right direction here?
Alan.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
The part you are trying to get to is 15, the vent will normally be held on by screws or clips or a combo of both. If held on by clips you have to carefully push the side and lever with a screw driver.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
finally got it! needed to remove the top of the freezer side and simply pushed the clips through to the other side then it came out easily. the damper door was open so i guess the motor must be the problem. i will order a new unit.
Alan
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Ok the temp in the freezer was good correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
correct
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
ok does sound like the damper