Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag dishwasher E39927 type 776-0. I cannot get

I have a maytag dishwasher E39927 type 776-0. I cannot get it to work. The only light that will come on is the light beside the "3". It is on the left of the "heated dry" button. If I push another button, ex. the "start/cancel" button, the light flashes 4-5 times. Help please.....thanks.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Press and hold the heated dry button for 5 seconds and the control lock should be removed. If not, then unfortunately you have a shorted control board and the control board will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue because it's shorted. I can look up the part for you if you'd like. You'll need the full model number which should be on a sticker around the frame of the dishwasher and can be seen if you open the door. It will start with an "M" for Maytag.