The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

in door water dispenser has slowed to 1 liter per minute.

in door water dispenser has slowed to 1 liter per minute. I've put in 3 new filters and checked the water line and it is very powerful. It must be between the filter and the dispenser.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer.
If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't.
Thank you.

There are no components between the filter and the dispenser. The flow is controlled by the water inlet solenoid. Most likely it is going out. Replacing the inlet solenoid should resolve the problem.

To locate the solenoid just follow the water line from the source. It connects to the solenoid.

These are a common part and should be available locally from an appliance parts retailer and some home improvement centers (Home Depot, Lowes, and Sears outlets).

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
After you accept, please leave feedback.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do I access the solenoid?
Follow the water line from the homes source. It connects to the solinoid at the lower back of the unit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Opened bottom panel, supply line disappears into back of refer. Another panel about 30" above that which has a removable clear cover over wiring board. It has a few components that look like they could be unplugged and replaced . I want it to be a black cylindrical one labeled CD293 400v 120uF which I want to be the solonoid. Please advise.

No that is a capacitor. Please do not take that out or try to replace it. Capacitors can carry a very serious amount of stored voltage. If it discharges into you you will not be a happy camper!

Give me a minuet and I will see if I can get you a diagram showing the solenoid.

Ok look at the top left of the back of the unit (facing the back). Is there a cover there? The solenoid should be behind that cover.

Here is a screen shot of the water flow for your unit. If there isnt a cover at the back of the unit then you will have to remove the back of the refrigerator compartment to gain access to the solinoid.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Also when I fill the 12 cup coffee carafe the water stops at about 10 cups and the lock /unlock light goes on. does that signify a bad solenoid? I don't know how to remove the cover in the back of the compartment and am thinking I should maybe have you order a serviceman. What do you think?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do I open the access panel in the back of refrigerator compartment?

Here are the instructions from the manual.