The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have an old modelDD603-W8878 CSM711852- Double (stacked)

Customer Question

I have an old modelDD603-W8878 CSM711852- Double (stacked) dish washer. It runs through to almost the last task, then, an error messaGE COMES ON AND keeps beeping. The error messsage says "F1" and show a symbol of a wrench.
What could be the problem?

Thank you in advance for the answer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

One moment please and I will look this up for you.
Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

Ok the F1 indicates a flood situation. There is a tray under the unit that catches any leaking water. There is a contact in the tray that is activated by any water in the tray. What you need to do is access the tray by pulling off the front kick panel at the bottom of the unit and mop up any water in the catch tray. This will allow the unit to operate again. If it gives the error code again then you will have to determine where the water is leaking from and repair the unit.

The Home Smithy :

I have a copy of the service manual for this model. Would you like a copy?

Customer:

Yes, I would like a copy of the manual. I dry out the pan below and run it again, just do the rinse, bvut this time it does not o very far. The ater fill up the unit I run but stop anf F1 error comes on again. I am going to hire a professional to repair it.

The Home Smithy :

Ok give me a few minuets to upload the manual for you.

The Home Smithy :

Please click here to download the manual.

The Home Smithy :

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
After you accept, please leave feedback.
Thank you.

Customer:

I am not successful. Next time I am in I will accept, for now I am just frustrated. I appreciate your suggestion. I will take a breather for a while.

Customer:

thanks again.

Customer:

I am frustated for now. Will take a few minutes, then might be back. Thank you for everything so far.

The Home Smithy :

I am sorry. I accidentally set the file to private. Please try again.

Customer:

I am not successful. Before I press accept, I would like to run the dishwasher full cycle first. I dry out the pan below, ran it but it didn't go very far before the error comes on again.

The Home Smithy :

Is the pan still dry?

The Home Smithy :

If the pan has water in it again then you will have to have the leak repaired before the unit will complete a full cycle. As long as water keeps getting into the pan the unit will continue to give the error dcode and stop part way through the wash cycle.

Customer:

OK. You have been helpful. Before, I accept, let me download the manual first. i will be right back.

Customer:

How do I remove the lower compartment off the track to remove the screws attaching the dishwasher on the sides to the cabinet? Can the repair man do all that?

The Home Smithy :

One minuet and I will get you the page number form the manual that shows how to do that.

The Home Smithy :

Here is a picture of the procedure.

Full Size Image

The Home Smithy :

Yes, a repairman can do that.

The Home Smithy :

Section 9-2 in the manual.

Customer:

Thanks. If can answer one more question: I have a refrigerator with an ice maker. It spits out ice chips once in a while. What is the problem? The ice chips gets caught outside of the dispenser or what? I accept your help. Have a good day..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can you send the PDF file for the manual again, please.

Thank you.

Here is the link to the manual again.

Please click here.