Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 3 month old whirlpool washer, with an automatic safety

I have a 3 month old whirlpool washer, with an automatic safety feature that locks the lid of the washer until the washing cycle has completed. Can that safety feature be turned Off?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

No, unfortunately you can not remove this feature at al. It's a safety feature and the washer can not run without the door latch working and locked properly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The reason I need to inactivate the "safety" feature is becuase1 tablespoon of detergent was put into the fabric rince agent diapencer and when the rince agent was put into the dispencer it formed a ball of gum. I'm trying to un-gunk the dispencer. Will hot water do the trick?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok, well white vinegar should do the trick, but I don't see hot water doing anything.