Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

We purchased a SubZero Model # XXXXX S/D, Serial #(NNN) NNN-NNNN

We purchased a SubZero Model # XXXXX S/D, Serial #(NNN) NNN-NNNNin 2009.
We are concerned about what appears to be unusual, louder "hum" and intermittent noises from fan motor.

Please call lake home at XXX-XXX-XXXX or cell XXX-XXX-XXXX.

thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi..Bob Here ...Welcome to Just Answer...Did you purchase the fridge new../
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. Installed December 2008.
If the fan motor has become louder than normal..Yes this is a sign of a faulty fan motor..As long as the unit is cooling..It will not be a problem..Just have to deal with the noise..Not a fire risk Etc...Replacement will obviously remove the noise..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Could it be anything else? The noise is only apparent when the fan is running. Could it be the condensor or, since this is a seasonal home, how concerned should I be if the condensor or fan would quit working? How great of a sense of urgency should I have in scheduling a maintenance call?

If the unit is cooling.If it was the compressor..The sound would be coming from the compressor area...If the sound is coming from inside then it is most defiantly the fan motor...Not a big worry..I have serviced fridges that have lasted 5- 6 years with a humming fan motor..You would just need to monitor it....If you notice a change in the fridge temperatures and loss of air flow..Then replace it..Most of the time when this happens it is because the fan motor stopped working all together..