Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I just purchased a new electric maytag bravos dryer and it

I just purchased a new electric maytag bravos dryer and it will not start sometimes it will start for 5 seconds and there is a clicking noise and it shuts off
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi..Bob Here ...Welcome to Just Answer....I the clicking sound coming from the top control area..OR the lower cabinet area..?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it seems to be in the lower part of the dryer, maybe where the drum is located and the check lint light keeps comeing on and a few minutes it started by itself and again only ran for 5 seconds with the clicking sound
From what you are explaining and the fact the dryer is starting by itself..You have a faulty computer..You did say it was a new dryer..IF it is less than 1 year old..It is covered under the warranty..If you try to repair yourself you will void the warranty..If you just purchased it..If i were you i would return the dryer...Not settle for having it repaired.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is the first time I tried to use it, I only purchased it yesterday.
Yes..Would bring it back for sure..Maytag was bought out by Whirlpool a few years ago....If you do have time once you use the accept option today..Please stop by and leave some feedback..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so its not a problem that can be fixed, it has to be returned.
If the dryer is turning on by itself..Yes it is a computer problem..It would be fixed at no charge under the warranty..But if it were mine i would take it back..Could be a sign of a problem washer down the road..But yes it can be fixed..I was just suggesting the best avenue for you to avoid a headache later in the dryers life..Thanks Bob