The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a Kitchenaid KERC607HBS and the oven and stovetop works,

I have a Kitchenaid KERC607HBS and the oven and stovetop works, however the clock and oven temp lights no longer work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

I have a service manual that will help you get to the control board and display panel. Please stand by and I will upload a copy for you to work from.

The Home Smithy :

It is a large file and will take about 5 minuets to upload.

Customer:

ok

The Home Smithy :

Please click here to download the manual. Go to page 2-8 for the instructions to remove the front panel of your unit. The display can then be accessed for replacement.

The Home Smithy :

Would you like a link to purchase the new display on line?

Customer:

I am not sure, I will look at the manual. Is this something I can do or do I need to call a service repair person to install it?

The Home Smithy :

Ok I just had a look at the parts breakdown of your unit. The manual I sent you is not the right one. Please stand by and I will see if I can get you thecorrect manual.

Customer:

LOL, I was just going to say it was not the correct manual. Standing by

Customer:

I actually have my original manual in front of me

The Home Smithy :

That would be the users manual. Not the service manual.

Customer:

gotcha. I will wait for your instruction :)

The Home Smithy :

Unfortunately I do not have a service manual for your unit. After looking at the parts breakdown and the price of the replacement components I have to suggest that you have a qualified service person come out and diagnose the unit. There are two control boards in your unit. Both are anything but cheap to replace. To determine which one has failed will require advanced diagnostics training to be sure that the correct board is replaced.
Please click here to view the breakdown that I am looking at. Parts 1C and 2 are the boards I am referring to.

Customer:

Thank you. I appreciate your assistance even though I will have to call a qualified service person.

The Home Smithy :

You are welcome. =)

The Home Smithy :

Please let me know if you require further assistance, or information.
If not, please click on "ACCEPT".
After you accept, please leave feedback.
Thank you.