Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Have a whirlpool duet gas dryer not heating, but running as

Have a whirlpool duet gas dryer not heating, but running as for as the display is on and the drum turns. Model #: GGW9200LW0.

Things I have tested so far:
thermal fuse - OK, both by meter & just connecting the wires
ignitor - test at 72 ohms of resistance
flame sensor - zero ohms of resistance
thermistor - about 0.5 ohms

The dryer is not heating consistently. The ignitor glows and we get gas then flame for a 1-3 cycles;
afterwards, the ignitore glows with NO FLAME.

Things Replaced:
Gas Valve Solenoid Set, Control Board, Flame Sensor

Anomaly(or best clue yet?) - I put the dryer in diagnostic mode and push the start button, ignitor glowed and a big bright flame when down the burner funnel.

Any suggestions?

thanks for your assistance, -Shelton
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Unusual that you replaced the coils on the gas valve and this happened, this is classic of bad coils, maybe you got a bad set that you installed, I would try another set of coils in the unit...

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Here's the resistance numbers for the coils:

Original Set: Terminals Resistance
1 to 2 2022 ohms
1 to 3 587
4 to 5 1320

Replacement Set:
1 to 2 1992 Ohms
1 to 3 580
4 to 5 1335

Do these number represent bad coils?