Charles
Charles, Engineering Contractor
Experience:  Install, repair and trouble shoot
26609390

I have a dishwasher ADP6000X that doesnt appear to be filling

I have a dishwasher ADP6000X that doesn't appear to be filling with water, when I turn it on it goes for a while then comes up with errr3. What might be wrong ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Charles replied 3 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you today!!

The error code you describe indicates that the water temp is to low to clean the dishes properly. Make sure that the water entering the washer is from the hot water supply and that it is filling the washer with hot water. if the washer does not fill with water then the water inlet valve or inlet salinoid that opens the valve is bad. If it is, and it still gives you the error code, then you have a bad sensor or the main board could be going bad.

As you state that you can hear no water in the washer, My first instinct is to check the water supply valve to the washer to make sure that it is not plugged up. If water goes through the valve but not the inlet valve on the washer, then the issue is the washer water inlet system.

I hope this helps answer your question, if so please click the green accept button, if not im still here to assist you.

Thanks again,

Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where may I find this washer supply valve ?
Expert:  Charles replied 3 years ago.

It is usually located by the water shutoff valves for the kitchen faucet under the sink. If it has its own valve then shut it off and remove the water line (if you can) some of them are not removable. The water supply to the washer may also be connected to the hot water side of the kitchen faucet. if you have a problem with restricted water flow from the faucet then a blocked valve is the likely cause. If the water flows ok then its going to be the valve on the washer.

Looking forward to your reply,

Charles

Charles, Engineering Contractor
Experience: Install, repair and trouble shoot