Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

For my Whirlpool refrigerator What can cause the upper section

For my Whirlpool refrigerator: What can cause the upper section cooling to shut down and yet the lower freezer section is opperating OK? Do you have a piping and/or wiring diagram for me? Thank you!! XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi..Bob Here ...Welcome to Just Answer.....The freezer is where the fridge cools from Via the evaporator fan...If the freezer is cold..And the fan is running..You have a defrost problem most likely...The evaporator coils are blocked with ice..This keeps the air from flowing to the fridge...Like i said the freezer will cool..But no the fridge..To check for a defrost condition.You would need to remove the INSIDE back wall to the freezer...Then look at the evaporator coil..More than likely it will be packed with frost ,,Ice Etc.