esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp

Our dryer is giving an alarm code and I need to know how to

Customer Question

Our dryer is giving an alarm code and I need to know how to reset it. The 2nd and 5th lights are on on the control panel. Indicating Fault #9.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 3 years ago.

esequiel walker :

what brand please

Customer :

fisher Paykel

esequiel walker :

was there a power outage or surge recently

Customer :

a couple of days ago but we have used it several times since then

esequiel walker :

the board is not resetting and all lights flashing

esequiel walker :

thats a computer board issue

esequiel walker :

normally if its not a board issue you can unplug it for 3 minutes to reset the computer

Customer :

The damp and Cool Down light are on but not flashing. If I press the power button it beeps continually until I press the power button again.

esequiel walker :

yep but no response correct

Customer :

yes. There was a shoe string that was caught in the area behind the lint cover and that was removed. I think if I could just reset the unit it might start back up.

esequiel walker :

open the door and press the button on it while pressing it in try statring the dryer

esequiel walker :

Near the bottom of the opening to the dryer there is a sensor switch that gets pushed in when you shut the door. Try holding the switch in with a knife or something and then start the dryer with the door open to check if that is the problem.

Customer :

This is a top loading dryer and does no have that button

esequiel walker :

there should be a switch around the door to detect it closed

Customer :

There is a plast piece monted on the dorr that slides into a slot as the door is closed. It is then used to lock the door closed while the dryer isin motion,

esequiel walker :

yes

esequiel walker :

one second

Customer :

ok

Customer :

any luck?

Customer :

I didn't every hear anything from you after the "on second " message at 11:08 PM. Are you going to be to assist me with this issue or not?