Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I own a GE self-cleaning Radiant range. After cleaning the

I own a GE self-cleaning Radiant range. After cleaning the stove top, I noticed there was a drip running down the see thru door. It is about an inch wide and runs from top to bottom of the glass. I opened the door and cleaned the inside of it... the stain was still there. Then I cleaned the outside of the door.. the stain was still there.
Looking very closely, I see that the stain is inside of the two pieces of glass. I'm probably not explaining this very well, but my manual shows no way of getting at the stain to clean it. Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
Hi..Bob Here ...Welcome to Just Answer..Unfortunately the only way to clean the spot would be to remove the door and take the door apart..As the leak is on the inside if the glass..It is #8 on a scale from 1-10.. as far as difficulty even for a seasoned service tech..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm a 69 year old lady with cancer. I live alone and don't have anyone to help me. Therefore, removing and reassemblying the door is out of the question. What should I do?
Yes that would be a big job for sure...What i would do if i was you..Is to do a search online or in your local yellow pages under appliance repair..Then call around and ask what there service fee is..You will get a better rate by using a local company..Stay away from the big name company..Sear..Etc...My dad has lung cancer...Hes is fighting it everyday..Goodluck to you...Thanks Bob
Please accept my answer or let me know if you have any further questions..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't accept your answer. One more time... have cancer, live alone, don't have strength or knowledge to remove oven door.

WHAT SHOULD I DO, BOB?

Not sure if you received my reply to you..here it is again..No other way to fix other than taking the door apart to clean inside of the glass..Thanks Bob

"Yes that would be a big job for sure...What i would do if i was you..Is to do a search online or in your local yellow pages under appliance repair..Then call around and ask what there service fee is..You will get a better rate by using a local company..Stay away from the big name company..Sear..Etc...My dad has lung cancer...Hes is fighting it everyday..Goodluck to you...Thanks Bob.."
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bob.. I don't know if I owe you $30 for your telling me to hire a GE service person.

What do you think? I will have your dad in my prayers tonight.

Verna

From your replys...I don't think you really knew how to rectify the problem..After consulting with me you now know exactly what needs to be done..This is how use experts make a living..All i ask is that you be fair about accepting..Goodluck to you..Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair